- Speed Accuracy: ±0.2 Knots
- Heading Resolution: 1°
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (twice a second)
- Water Resistance: 3m / 10 ft (IPX8)
- Display: 27mm / 1.06” digit height 120 degree viewing cone
- Data Logger: Lat, Long, Time, Speed, and Heading recorded every 2 seconds, 20hr capacity. Data download is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows
- Data download requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.6.
- Batteries: 3 x AA, 20+ hour endurance, rechargeable or disposable
- Dimensions: 115mm / 4.5" diameter, 27mm / 1.06" thick.
- Weight Including Batteries: 295g / 0.65lb
- Warranty: Two years
Hear It From The Best
"Each day I race, I aim to learn one thing that makes me faster. Thanks to the Speedpuck, I picked up two. Well actually three. The final lesson of the day is that the Speedpuck has a lot to offer the dinghy and keelboat sailor, and I'll be using it more in the future."Stuart Streuli, Sailing World
"Bottom line: Rugged, easy to install and use, the SpeedPuck is recommended for club racers and small-boat sailors looking for a fun practice tool that monitors speed."Practical Sailor, 2010 Best Choice Award
"The SpeedPuck rocks! We really liked it - super easy and accurate and just nice. We didn't miss the B&G's one little bit. In fact, I wish I had the $8k back that we spent on them! "Scot Tempesta, Editor, sailinganarchy.com
Does the SpeedPuck fit the ProStart Mast Bracket?
Yes, the SpeedPuck Cradle (included in the box with the SpeedPuck) fits the ProStart Mast Bracket.
How do I change the speed units on my SpeedPuck?
To change the units on your SpeedPuck you need to download and install Velocitek Control Center from our software page. Then, with Velocitek Control Center open, connect your SpeedPuck to your computer and select Update Device Settings. In the Device Settings popup window you will be able to select your desired speed units from the Speed Displayed in dropdown menu.
I would like to mount the SpeedPuck using Dual Lock. How many pieces of Dual Lock will I need to buy?
You will need to buy two pieces of Dual Lock.
The SpeedPuck used to come with Dual Lock on the back of the battery compartment lid but now it comes with an injection molded plastic cradle.