To change the firmware on a new SpeedPuck (model year 2021 and up):
- Connect the SpeedPuck to a computer.
- It will behave like a thumb drive (or any other USB mass storage device).
- Open the SpeedPuck, and then open the Firmware folder.
- Remove the existing .hex from the Firmware folder.
- Drag and drop the new .hex firmware file into the folder.
- Unplug your SpeedPuck from the computer.
- Turn your SpeedPuck off and then back on again.
- Wait for a moment for the firmware update to begin.
- You will know the firmware is updating when the SpeedPuck counts from 0 to 100 on screen.
- When it hits 100, the update is complete and the SpeedPuck will begin operating normally, using the new firmware.
Note: You do not need to open a .hex file or assign a default program to open a .hex file to change the firmware on your SpeedPuck.
Release date: 8/22/2023
- Changes speed units to km/h (Kilometers per hour)
- Note: Speed will only show in km/h. Do not use this firmware unless you want your SpeedPuck to display speed in km/h only.
- Fixes max speed recall bug
Download here: puck_13.hex
If you have a pre-2021 SpeedPuck contact Velocitek support for firmware options.