To change the firmware on a new ProStart (model year 2020 and up):
- Connect the ProStart to a computer.
- It will behave like a thumb drive (or any other USB mass storage device).
- Open the ProStart, and then open the Firmware folder.
- Remove the existing .hex from the Firmware folder.
- Drag and drop the new .hex firmware file into the folder.
- Unplug your ProStart from the computer.
- Turn your ProStart off and then back on again.
- Wait for a moment for the firmware update to begin.
- You will know the firmware is updating when the ProStart counts from 0 to 100 on screen.
- When it hits 100, the update is complete and the ProStart will begin operating normally, using the new firmware.
Note: You do not need to open a .hex file or assign a default program to open a .hex file to change the firmware on your ProStart.
Release date: 9/14/2021
- Shift Tracking! Adds option to set Bar Graph in Race Mode to shift tracking.
- Adds heading offset to rotate compass if ProStart is mounted off axis.
- Adds scrolling text to configuration menus.
- Adds new configuration menu text.
- Fixes 1 minute timer bug.
Download here: prsG_31.hex
Release date: 8/5/2021
- Adds option to disable start line function for classes with restrictive rules.
- Changes the default backlight to OFF.
- Pacing guides on for last two minutes of countdown timer.
- Fixes bug that resets user configurations to factory defaults when ProStart is powered off.
Download here: prsG_27.hex
Release date: 3/10/2021
- Fixes bug that would cause charging animation to continue when charge was complete.
- Shows battery voltage on top line of LCD when charging. 3.6V is empty, 4.2V is full.
- Makes USB pitchfork icon flash when wall-cube fast charging is taking place.
Download here: prsG_23.hex
Release date: 2/25/2021
- Distance-to-Line is displayed with 0.1 meters when you are between 99.9 to -9.9 meters from the line.
Download here: prsG_22.hex
If you have a pre-2020 ProStart contact Velocitek support for firmware options.