Distance-to-line tool. Includes speed and course over ground. Compact, distraction-free, easy-to-use sailing instrument.
- Velocitek ProStart
- Mounting cradle (compatible with Velocitek Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket)
- USB cable
- Two Velocitek stickers
- Top button label stickers
- Quick Start Guide
- Nylon storage sleeve
- Speed Accuracy: ±0.2 Knots
- Heading Resolution: 1°
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (twice a second)
- Water Resistance: 3m / 10 ft (IPX8)
- Display: 30mm / 1.18” digit height 120° viewing cone
- Data Logger: Lat, Long, Time, Speed, and Heading recorded every 2 seconds, 30hr capacity. Data download is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows
- Batteries: 3 x AA, 20+ hr endurance, rechargeable or disposable
- Dimensions: 120mm x 175mm x 40mm / 4.72” x 6.89” x 1.57”
- Weight Including Batteries: 448g / 0.99lb
- Bracket Compatibility: Velocitek Mast Bracket, Velocitek W Bracket, or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket.
- Warranty: Two years
"We used it for the Melges 32 Worlds and the Farr 40 North Americans. Worth every penny. Easy to use and easy to mount. Very impressive"Sailing Anarchy Magazine
"Very easy and intuitive to use... Display is easy to read. Buttons are really simple to understand and have a very positive action. GPS updates quickly, so distance-to-line readings appear instantaneous."Sailing World, ProStart Review, April 2011
"Bottom line: Well-designed and easy to install and use, the ProStart is a clear winner in this category and a PS Best Choice."Practical Sailor Editor's Choice Award 2011
Can I change the distance to line units on the ProStart to feet?
No. The ProStart only displays distance to line in Meters. This was chosen to keep the setup minimal and maximize ease of use. Users who are unaccustomed to Meters often approximate a Meter to a Yard and after a few uses the feedback is overwhelmingly positive.