1 reply to this topic

#1 ceeceebee

ceeceebee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hi all,

I bought a Prostart and was planning on mast mounting it to our 2 boats, a First 36.7 and First 25.7. I bought two Velocitek mast mounts but was surprised at how small they are. When first trying on the 25.6, the tiny mount project the prostart right into the downhaul and reefing lines coming out of the boom. If the mount was twice the size, may it work work. Seems to me this would be a problem on any larger keelboat. Has anyone have ideas of products or home-made solutions to this problem?

thx

#2 Alec Stewart

Alec Stewart

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hi all,

I bought a Prostart and was planning on mast mounting it to our 2 boats, a First 36.7 and First 25.7. I bought two Velocitek mast mounts but was surprised at how small they are. When first trying on the 25.6, the tiny mount project the prostart right into the downhaul and reefing lines coming out of the boom. If the mount was twice the size, may it work work. Seems to me this would be a problem on any larger keelboat. Has anyone have ideas of products or home-made solutions to this problem?

thx

Do you currently have any other instruments mounted to the mast? I saw a really nice solution on a Melges 32 (photo & sketch attached), where they had a custom-made G10 tongue that extended below the main instrument cluster. The ProStart mounting cradle was bolted to this tongue.

Attached Thumbnails

• larson_prostart.jpg

Attached Files

Alec Stewart

Velocitek - Performance Training Tools
Toll free USA & Canada: 1-800-693-1610
International: +1-(650)-362-0499 ex. 1
Fax: +1-(650)-618-2679
271B Kahiko Street, Paia, HI, 96779, USA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users