Product Design Engineer
- Using your expertise in embedded hardware and software design to plan and execute the development of new products.
- Using your expertise in classical dynamics, estimation and automatic controls to develop microcontroller-based motion tracking algorithms.
- Working with Velocitek's contract manufacturer to transition embedded hardware and firmware from the prototype stage to economically optimized, production-ready designs.
- Using your expertise in mechanical design to assist Velocitek’s Industrial Designer and Velocitek’s contract manufacturer in the mechanical design of Velocitek products.
- Using your knowledge of industrial design to effectively communicate engineering constraints to Velocitek’s Industrial Designer and to be responsive to the aesthetic and usability concerns expressed by the Industrial Designer.
- Using your engineering and technical writing expertise to work with Velocitek's Patent Attorney to write patent claims for patentable aspects of your designs.
- A Master's Degree in Electrical, Computer, Aero/Astro or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least one year of hands-on experience, preferably more, with embedded system design and programming in C.
- Persistence and patience.
- A healthy dose of perfectionism. You don't need to be completely neurotic but we're looking for someone who double-checks his or her work and takes pride in creating beautiful products.
- A good reason, beyond this job, to move to Maui and stay there. For example, you might be a surfer, windsurfer, kiter, pig hunter, monster truck enthusiast, OC paddler or kama’aina.
- Experience laying out PCBs in Eagle.
- Classes or research projects on the automatic control of spacecraft or aircraft.
- Classes or research projects involving GPS.
- Hands-on experience with MEMS sensors.
- SolidWorks experience.
- Rhino experience.
- Adobe CS experience.
- Experience communicating and working with people outside of the USA.
- Knowledge of Mandarin.
- Experience racing sailboats.
- US citizenship or permanent residency.
- Based on experience but less than what you will get if you stay in the Bay Area.
How to Apply
- Click here to read about the grim reality of life in Hawaii.
- Decide if you still want the job.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, grad and undergrad transcripts, and a 1-2 page cover letter describing:
All complete applications will receive a response. Incomplete applications, over-length applications and interview requests without an application will be ignored.